Skip to main content

Healthy Chocolate Brownies

OK I admit it, I have a sweet tooth. I’m always on the look out for some healthy treat I can make that won’t derail my efforts to eat clean and stay  healthy. The other challenge is I’m a rookie in the kitchen so I have to find recipes that are easy to make.

While thumbing through the internet the other day I found this Healthy Chocolate Brownie recipe and had to give it a try. It met all my criteria and, as luck would have it, I actually had everything needed to make them! Yay, no trip to the grocery store needed (I’m kind of a shopping rookie too).

What You Need

  • 3/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Arbonne Chocolate Protein Shake Mix )
  • 1/4 cup pure honey
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs or if you prefer (1/2 cup egg whites)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup almond milk

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Scoop the Almond Butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until it’s easy to mix. Add Honey and mix thoroughly. I used 1/4 cup of honey on my first batch and I liked it. My daughter thinks I should add more honey next time. Experiment and see what works best for you. Next add eggs, vanilla and almond milk.

In a separate bowl mix the protein powder, baking soda and salt. Once these are mixed well combine with the other mixture.

You’re batter should be similar in consistency to cake batter (a bit thinner than traditional brownie batter). Pour the batter into a greased 8 x 8 dish and place in the oven for 25 – 27 minutes or until set.

Summary

These brownies are really tasty and a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are super easy and I’ll definitely be making these again. Give these a try and leave a comment below to let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Surprising Way Your Bones Support You

  Why Standing Helps with Healthy Weight It’s well documented that people who do a lot of sitting have increased risk of obesity. On the surface it makes sense because when you’re sitting, you’re not moving (much).  Sitting doesn’t allow you to burn many calories. But how does standing more reduce the risk of obesity? The answer may be found in your bones. A  new study  conducted on mice set out to determine whether fat mass helps regulate body mass. Without getting deep into the details,  the most interesting result seemed to suggest your bones play an important role in regulating your diet. Osteocytes  are bone cells that detect when weight is bearing on your skeletal system. According to the study, healthy bones detect changes in body mass and adjust your diet accordingly. (Lower body mass = eat more | Higher body mass = eat less) When you’re sitting your bones aren’t sensing your full body mass so that may in fact cause you to eat more. On the othe...

Health Benefits & Risks of Alcohol

Who Shouldn’t Consume Alcohol? You shouldn’t consume alcohol if you… are under the age of 21 years old; are pregnant or attempting to get pregnant; are a recovering alcoholic; are taking prescription or over the counter medications (check with your doctor and heed warning labels); have a health condition that could worsen as a result of consuming alcohol; plan to operate heavy machinery   Moderation is the key According to the mayo clinic Moderate alcohol consumption for healthy adults: Up to one drink a day for women of all ages (over 21) Up to two drinks a day for all men aged 21 – 65 Up to one drink a day for men over 65 A “drink” is defined as: Beer 12 fluid ounces Wine 5 fluid ounces Distilled Spirits (80 proof) 1.5 fluid ounces Benefits Lower Risk of Heart Failure Reduced Chance of Developing Type 2 Diabetes Decreased Chance of Developing Dementia Risks Heavy consumption of alcohol can negatively impact your health with prolonged abuse. Also serious consequences have been ass...

5 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight

You’re Determined You made your resolution but despite your best efforts you’re not losing weight! Why not? You might be surprised how many products and strategies touted to help you are actually working against you!   EXERCISE If you’re relying entirely on exercise and not changing your diet to lose weight it’s probably working against you. Exercise is great for your overall health and well being but when it comes to weight loss it’s only part of the equation. To lose weight you may need to adjust your diet along with exercise. EATING LOW FAT OR FAT FREE FOODS Many low-fat and no fat foods contain more sugar than regular versions of the same food. Eating even small amounts of added sugar can lead to weight gain. CONSUMING TOO MANY CALORIES Calories are tricky little ninjas and they can hideout in the most benign places. Try tracking your food consumption for a week. You may be surprised at what you find. GET RID OF TOXINS Toxins are everywhere, in the foods we eat, the air we brea...